Friday, February 5, 2010

Day What?

Tonight's dinner, ready to stuff the veggies, avocado and a pan toasted Portobello GardenBurger in the pita halves...It was good!

Time for an update on my eating thing-I'm not going to call it a diet-no, I haven't quit, just having to reassess my over-optimistic plan to give a day-by-day account. Besides, there's nothing more boring than reading about every radish and push-up of someone else's eating and exercise plan.

I did well on the four day jump start last week, not fanatic about it, but good enough to come down a pound and a half. Then I just did my own thing over the weekend, but made choices with the idea of not totally sabotaging my good week. Such as, a turkey and veggie on ciabatta instead of the burger and onion rings I'd have treated myself with ordinarily-Yeah! Then no dinner while I wrangled four grand kids (6 mos. to age 5) for the evening while their mom and dad had a much needed date night. Added to over four hours walking around the zoo and some reasonable portioning on Sunday, I was elated to find myself down another half pound Monday morning-better than I expected!

I didn't go in to work this week-I'm on call, and wasn't needed, so I had time to finish working out menus and got to the store for what I needed for the next step after the jump start. I watched portions and ate lots of veggies until I could start for real yesterday.

I am having so much fun! Avocados, nuts, waffles layered with chocolate chips and smothered with sweet cherries, breakfast tacos... Well, the scale will tell, and we'll see what happens. The food is interesting and stuff I really like.

The down side is that I'm feeling full when I eat but hungry not long after, especially after lunch and supper. I feel like I did years ago on Atkins, when I ate strictly on the plan, lost weight, but would eat and eat all that protein and veggies but always felt empty. It's either the lower carbs, lower sugar, or I was really eating a lot more before than I realized. I'm trying to figure it out so I don't sabotage myself. So far I've gotten through by having two pieces of dark chocolate, which is allowed although not a part of the meals I'm eating. Then I have a couple of Altoids and that seems to help, plus I drink water so I'm not confusing hunger with thirst.

I learned a really cool trick for keeping a cut avocado from browning. I'll put that in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment