Friday, June 12, 2009

Innocents Abroad-Adventures in Europe-Travel Day

We've been home for five days now, and I've spent countless hours transferring, downloading, editing and backing up seven cds worth of pictures and video clips from our trip. It used to be when someone got back from vacation they had their friends over to look at their slides. Refreshments were made, a portable screen unrolled, and the mettle of friendship tested as Mr. Traveller levered through slide after slide, box after box of slides while droning along descriptions of the scenes depicted. "Here's Martha standing in front of Lost Lake. Here's Martha standing in front of Wilderness Ridge. Here's Martha standing in front of..." You get the idea. So, the last thing I want to do is bore anyone with endless pictures, especially twenty shots of the same thing (ten of Harry's and ten of mine, since we were both toting cameras and shooting the same things at the same time). So, I will try to be somewhat selective. The pics are on CD, so I don't have to post every single one here to archive them, and since you are not sitting in my living room forced to endure every bit of content, you can look at what I put up or not, as you like.



I plan to do this in bite-size pieces, a few pictures at a time, chronologically and by topic. I have some short videos and plan to do a few picture stories with voice narration as well. So the story will be scattered between discussion, album, video and picture story. This discussion will be the organizing point for everything. I'll describe the trip chronologically and reference other media that relates as I cover events and thoughts. Also, if I put up an album say for our visit to Prague, I may put up several smaller batches of pictures to that album over time so I have time to title and describe them. That way the info will be there when people look at the pics instead of being added later when most of you have already seen them.



I hope that you will be able to catch some of the sense of the experience from my efforts to share, that there will be things of interest, beauty and inspiration to you as there was to me as I experienced these things. I wish you could all have been with me every step of the way. (Wow, wouldn't that have been busy!) I hope that when I'm done sharing you will have found things of value here. I love all of you. I am so grateful that I had the chance to have this experience. It was truely an experience of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment