Thursday, January 6, 2011

The First Official Weigh-In of 2011


This was my first post new year weigh in at the weekly TOPS meeting. I found out the first TOPS weigh in of the year is special. Since we are starting a new year we are setting a new benchmark, so we can say whatever we want instead of 'Down' or 'Up' or 'Turtle' (stayed the same) Those who were down had no problem saying so, but those who were up could say 'Happy New Year' , or 'WHAT-EVER'.... me, I was surprised to be able to say 'Turtle'-I was so sure I'd have a gain this time.

I decided to change some things with this weigh-in. The first weigh-in of the year is a good time to do that. I'm so tired of skipping breakfast, and going without water the morning of meeting. I'm always trying to minimize the damage from a week where I didn't do enough to lose anything, and even may have gained some. I decided to eat breakfast, drink water and take my lumps on the weigh in and then eat and drink every week from now on.

I weighed several times to see what difference it made. After a light breakfast and not much to drink I was up half a pound. An hour later after one last trip to the bathroom I was up another .2 pounds. Now how do you gain weight taking in nothing and even lightening the overall load a little? Dang. I was thirsty still, so I drank another six or eight ounces of water on the way to the meeting. What the heck, I was setting a new starting weight, right? Last week the meeting scale weighed me half a pound heavier than my scale at home. This week it weighed me half a pound lighter, so I showed the same weight, even after food and water. That was encouraging.

Then I worked on sticking to a healthy reasonable food plan and was starving hungry all day until I ate a quarter cup of cashews. There's something not right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment