Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 3- Weird Breakfast

This morning it was supposed to be unsweetened cornflakes, a cup of milk, 2 tbs raisins, and 1/4 cup sunflower seeds. I don't like cornflakes, they get soggy too fast, so I got grapenuts instead. They don't have sugar and they are whole grain. I checked the calorie equivalent, and it turns out the listed half cup serving is double the calories of a serving of Corn Chex or Cheerios. Hmmm...So I measured out a quarter cup. It looked pretty lonely and small in the bowl so I added the raisins, then what the heck, dumped in the sunflower seeds too, then topped it all with the milk. (I confess I added some splenda, not ready to eat cereal with no sweetner)

And, oh my, it was soooo good! What a surprise! It took awhile to eat with all that chewy stuff in there and was really satisfying. I had toasted the sunflower seeds previously, and that flavor with the nutty wheat and the sweet raisins was really good. It kept me full until lunch too, no late morning 'tummy grungies"! I will do that again even when I don't have to eat that combination for a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment