Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day Two

Like I said, I'm more of a do-it-yourself gal when it comes to dieting...but I still learn a lot when I try to follow a specific plan like I am now. So you can guess it wasn't a perfect day, but I don't count that a failure either. I'll admit I'm not totally bought in to this jump start thing. The authors bill this as a motivation booster that takes off a quick couple of pounds and inches through dumping water weight and getting the intestines emptier by avoiding bulky foods and lowerin quantity. That's supposed to give me lots of enthusiasm going into the plan with the higher calorie count and fewer food restrictions.

I just figure the water weight that comes off fast is just a salt shaker away from coming back, and I need the fiber to function properly ;). Then too, I know for a fact that that initial quick loss boost won't be enough to carry me all that far. So I find myself not taking this part as seriously as the authors would like. I ate the breakfast just as prescribed, and only changed the lunch by adding some veggies. Then dinner was completely different, but close to the same number of calories and the balance of veggies, carbs and protien. The dangerous part was that I needed to use up some half and half, so I made a quart of strawberry ice cream, which I tasted and then packed away in the freezer. Hubby is not ready for the house to be clear of desserts, so that's a challenge, but then I do better if I can eat a taste of anything I want. That helps me keep from craving and binging.

I WAS down half a pound today, LOL, but I'll be more excited when I know I've actually lost some fat and not just some water..

No comments:

Post a Comment