Saturday, December 13, 2014

Friday December 12th, Waikiki, Cheesburger in Paradise, Kings Village Farmer's Market

I was awake some during the night because I woke up when Harry got up, thought he was up for the day and turned on lights and tried to get up, only it was 2:30 and he was just up to the bathroom, lol, so then I had a hard time getting back to sleep. So I woke up again when he did get up, but went back to sleep until after 7am. Then I got dressed and walked downtown to a 7/11 store to get my bus pass. 

I was sweat soaked when I got back, so I showered and spent some cool hours in the room working on computer, especially blog diary entries.

Lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise
Around 1 pm I was really hungry so I went down to the Cheeseburger place on the beach. It was mentioned in the AAA guidebook and looked good. I wasn't prepared for $15 burgers, but once I was seated I just called it a splurge. 


View of the beach walk from my table at the Cheeseburger in Paradise








While I waited for my food and while I ate I watched the beach, the people and the coverage of the triple crown surfing competition on the sports bar TVs
Three screens are tuned to the surfing competiton

I got a Kalua Pork sandwich with slaw and onion rings. The menu described the onion ring coating as something unusual, but it was just like many I've had before. The sandwich was very good, aside from several bites that had cilantro in them, probably from the slaw. The menu there is very touristy, does not cater to locals, no plate lunches or loco moco, etc. Every table around me photographed their food when it came, lol.





I stopped at an ABC market for snacks and more water on my way back to the room. I spent the rest of the afternoon staying off my sore heel and watching TV and reading, plus a little computer time.

King's Village Farmer's Market
At four pm. I headed down to the other end of our block to the every-other-day evening farmer's market in the King's market. I never saw this market when I was here last time. It is built to be a little taste of colonial days with narrow cobbled "streets" that wind up several levels and include lots of little shops. There is a Burger King on the outside of it, appropriately to the name.

The Farmer's Market goes from 5-9 pm and is mostly produce, but also includes baked goods, sweets, and catering trays of hot foods to take and eat. I haven't seen anything else like it here, it is really fun.










In the courtyard, the Circle of fame is the hand prints of local celebrities


I bought cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, custard filled Portuguese Malasada doughnuts, and a Hawaiian sweet, that looks like it is a baked custard of coconut milk and eggs. 

When I was done shopping I took my purchases back to the room and got my camera. I headed down to the beach to enjoy the water, the people and the sunset. Harry was coming in late, so I had the time to see the sunset.  



No comments:

Post a Comment