Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sunset, The Green Flash! Friday, 12/12/14

After the dancers were done I settled in to take photos and video of the sunset and the beach at sunset. The sun eventually went behind a low cloud and the effect of the light rays above and sunset colors below the cloud with boats silhouetted against the glow was stunning. Eventually I filmed the sun slipping below the horizon, hoping to record the green flash. I saw the flash, but had the camera set to warm the colors with the sunset setting, so it transformed the green to yellow or red. I'm not sure how a little point and shoot would do with it anyway, but at least I saw it!

I'll let a selection of photos tell the story better.

Surfers coming in for the day

Still plenty out there, though...

'Everywhere you look, boats and boards






I moved up onto the break water and got a better shot of the waves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment