Friday, January 2, 2015

12-30-14 Wednesday, Honolulu lights and Mission Houses

I scheduled a rental kayak for 2 in the afternoon so I could use my bus pass while it was still good to get up to Haleiwa. The plan was for Harry to come pick me up and take me to see the boat he wants to buy. I got on the bus to downtown Honolulu to catch the bus to Haleiwa. I had a big, heavy bag with me with everything I might need for the day. On the bus I got a call from the kayak  rental saying the wind was picking up and since I knew the forecast was for heavy winds and rain, we agreed to cancel and try again next week.

Since I was already on a bus that would stop where the Honolulu holiday lights display was, I decided to get off there and spend some time looking at everything and getting some photos. Harry keeps saying we will go see it at night, but he is always too tired, or maybe he's not as interested as he tries to sound. I was able to get off in just the right spot and spent a happy morning looking at everything. There was a whole building full of trees decorated to the theme of enchanted forest. I hadn't brought my good camera and I haven't been very happy with regular photos taken with my underwater camera, so I took photos with my Galaxy phone. The outdoor photos turned out well, but the indoor ones were not as good as I hoped.










After I got done there I crossed the street and had a look around the mission houses. I decided not to take the $10 tour, and was glad when it started raining hard as I headed towards the bus. I spent the rest of the day in the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment